Symposium: mobility is key
In today’s global economy, having a workforce that is fluent in the ways of the world isn’t a luxury. It’s a competitive necessity. No wonder a lot of midsize and large companies currently send professionals abroad. But international assignments don’t come cheap. On average, expatriates cost two to three times what they would in an equivalent position back home. It makes sending the right people key.
New strategies for employers regarding Expatriate retention, remuneration & health
Employers struggle with attracting new talent and retaining valuable employees. Many companies are investing in competitive terms of employment and benefits. But an attractive remuneration policy only achieves its objectives if all employees know and understand its components.
As an HR professional or as a manager of a team of mobile employees, this conference offers you the unique opportunity to equip yourself with the best possible tools and knowledge related to retention, remuneration and health of your expats.
With interactive talks, case studies, keynote sessions and networking opportunities, the conference is a perfect fit for professionals looking to network and wanting to exchange experiences on the latest strategies and technologies available to improve and shape the future of the global mobility industry.
- 12.00 – 12.55 u Welcome - walking lunch
- 12.55 – 13.00 u General introduction - Eddy Bonne, chairman @ Vlamingen in de Wereld
- 13.00 – 13.20 u Global Mobility Survey -Sophie Blieck, manager @ EY - People Advisory Services
- 13.20 – 13.40 u Lumpsum - Altair Global
- 13.40 – 14.00 u Renumeration policy as a strategic instrument - Cindy Van Loo, International Global Mobility Consultant @ Mercer
- 14.00 – 14.40 u Transfer corporate culture - Jan De Nul, CEO @ Jan De Nul Group / Yves Bosteels, director KPI @ Jan De Nul Group
- 14.40 – 15.00 u BREAK
- 15.00 – 15.20 u The power of interculturalism - Prof. Karel Arnaut, professor Interculturalism, Migration and Minorities Research Centre @ KULeuven
- 15.20 – 15.40 u Balance between professional and personal life - Rebekka Rogiest, online therapist @ Expattherapy.be
- 15.40 – 16.00 u Relocation vs. retention - Barry Potter, senior vice president @ Altair Global
- 16.00 – 16.20 u Social security - Bruno De Pauw, advisor-general @ Belgian National Social Security
- 16.20 – 16.40 u Health Insurance - Katrien Vanden Waeyenbergh, account manager @ Partena
- 16.40 – 18.30 u Network reception
0470 41 12 97